It had a lovely comforting taste, and the smell was amazing! The jelly ear mushrooms did not have much of a taste but did have a great crunchy texture. I added dried shitake mushrooms to increase the mushroom flavour.
- Foraged jelly ear mushrooms (or use shitake or other mushrooms)
- Handful of dried shitake mushrooms
- Thumb sized piece of ginger, chopped
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- Sesame oil
- Tblsp dark soy sauce
- Tblsp cider vinegar (or use rice wine vinegar if you have it)
- 300 ml vegetable stock (preferably asian stock)
- Juice of quarter of a lemon (or lime)
- Pak choi, sliced (or other vegetables – try broccoli, kale, green beans)
- Small red chilli, chopped
- Fry the ginger and half of the spring onion in some butter and/or sesame oil.
- Add the stock, soy sauce, vinegar and dried mushrooms.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 25 mins.
- Add the pak choi or other vegetables. You could add cubed tofu at this point.
- Simmer for a further 5 mins.
- Add a squeeze of lemon or lime.
- Serve with sprinkling of spring onions and chopped chilli.